Get Flower Effect

Friday, October 15, 2010

Today....


(My DD Cherye made this)

Today our beloved pup, Jackson, passed away, he was only 17 months old. He was born with cancer but we only found out 2 months ago that it was already in advanced stages. The vet removed all he could but he just went downhill from there. The above photo was taken a few days ago, he was still cheerful and in no pain but suddenly on Sunday night he deteriorated and after taking him to the vet we were told there was nothing more they could do for him. We brought him home for one night to spend our last bit of time with him and to say our goodbyes. Yesterday we took him to the biggest research veterinary hospital in the country for one final opinion, and sadly we had to let him go early this morning. It has been devastating, but we were so lucky to have such a wonderful dog, even for such a short time, he will be so missed by all of us.

6 comments:

cazrush said...

I am sorry to hear of your loss.
We had to have our 17 year old dog put to sleep 2 months ago.
She had a stroke which affected her beck legs and so that difficult decision had to be made.
Sending love.
CazR

kristine said...

Sending big hugs and much love your way...
xoxoxooxox

Connie said...

I'm so sorry Jenni and to your family. This exact thing happened to me two months ago. One day Tanner was fine and he was gone a week later. I had no idea he had cancer as he was still playful.

He was with me constantly and I miss him so much. He was a little yorkie. I ended up finding his sister 3 days later and got her and she has been such a blessing taking my mind off him. I know everyone can't just go right out and get another dog but it was the best thing I could have done. It was good for my other 2 yorkies, too.

Again, so sorry for your loss.

Connie

Deb said...

I'm so sorry, it's so hard to loose our furbabies. We just lost one a month or little more ago. :(

makeyesup said...

Sorry to hear about you sweet puppy. It's so sad to lose a pet even if you have only had him for a short while.

Anonymous said...

Love to you all...Jackson will be waiting for you on the other side.
Kelly