Get Flower Effect

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Happy National Digital Scrapbooking Day!! Freebie and lots more!

What a hectic week 2 weeks I have had! We went to Somerset West to furnish our holiday house in 4 days. It was totally chaotic and so, so tiring, I never thought we would do it, but we did, and I am so excited with how it turned out! Of course we still have renovators in doing some work, but I managed to at least get the lounge and dining room completely done. I went for neutral colours, lots of wood, and bright accessories to give that holiday feeling. We have our first people in for a weekend at the the end of November, then we will be there for December with piles of our friends. It is a beautiful part of the world, beaches and mountains, wine farms , shopping, site seeing. So if any of you ever want a holiday in South Africa, we have a beautiful 4 bedroomed ,3 bathroomed house, fully fitted and furnished ,with a big sparkling pool, and gazebo for plenty of outdoor living, and a car!! I am so excited to get this venture off the ground. I will post the web site as soon as it is ready to go!!


Here is a preview of what it looks like, don't want to give too much away as our friends have not seen it and I would like it to be a surprise! No pics of the garden or pool yet, as it is a bit of a mess with building rubble etc! Tell me what you think!!??

Thanks to Bonnie for her awesome photos , and for shopping with me, she really helped a lot, I could not have done it without her. It was so great to spend so much time with her, it wasn't all work, we did party, of course, and caught up! I have not seen her in months!

Credits for LO- Joy,Lena's World- Ninascrap Designs- available at Oscraps


This is Bon and I having our normal fun when we are together. This was at about 1am when everyone had gone home and to bed!

Credits HERE

Ok, lets talk shop !!Metalmama Dezines and Lori Barnhurst have a fun collab out at Little Dreamer Designs, gorgeous unusual elements and papers for those punky,Halloween LO's!!



Snap and scrap have their new daily blog download (all free) and the free challenge kit up for November- Pop Rock. So huge, fun and awesome. So pop on over to the blog and start downloading, and get to the forums and start the challenges!! Here is my LO with this awesome kit!

Featuring my beloved doxies!

My contribution to it!

I host a "I dare You" challenge at Snap and Scrap, as well as Digital Candy, so pop on over and have a look. You also have to see all the fab new challenges at Digital Candy, you work towards points which will get you a fantastic GC for their shop!!


Here is my LO for this month dare!



Credits HERE


Snap and scrap is being featured at World Scapping Tour Blog on 16 November so pop on over and read all about South Africa's scrapping community, the tiny bunch we are!



Kate, who is the host for this site, did some gorgeous pages, using my freebies, I just had to show you! Thanks Kate, love them!


Oh and to thanks Kim for giving me this award!!



I will do my nominations in a day or two!

If you have managed to wade through all of this then you deserve a freebie!! Happy National Digital Scrapbooking day everyone!!

Doodles are done with plenty of playing around with digital watercolours in Corel Painter- no drop shadows.

LINK REMOVED

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

Hi Jen, lovely long post, love seeing your lay outs and the kits you get to work with! Your freebie is lovely and bright and happy! thanks for sharing, come on over to mine for a cup of coffee and a freeb too! luv ya sis!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenni, Your place looks great. You all did soooo much in 4 days!!! WOW!! Honored to have you post my layouts and really looking forward to the next two weeks of featuring you all at WST. Thanks for the great freebie too!!! Awesome!!!

Thanks
Kate

mom2triplets04 said...

Your layouts are so pretty. Thanks for sharing your beautiful doodles.

Bretta said...

Your holiday home is BEAUTIFUL!!! Amazing what you did in four days...now you get to enjoy it for many years though! My dh lived in South Africa for most of his teenage years...I'd love to visit someday ;o)
Fun freebie! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Australia. Thanks for sharing your amazing creativity with all of us. Love this colurful tribute and all the other scrapkits. Best Wishes.