Get Flower Effect

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Experimenting!!

Year ago I took watercolour and oil painting classes, and really enjoyed it, especially the watercolours. I have been thinking about trying my hand at painting my own backgrounds, and maybe even painting, scanning and extracting elements painted with watercolours. So today I spent a happy 2 hours browsing a huge art supply store near us, and splurged on watercolours, paper, pencils,brushes etc and a how to book to refresh my memory!!
I spent all afternoon playing, threw a lot away but eventually came up with 3 papers I liked. These are the start of the mini kit freebie for KimB's colour challenge, so in a few days or so you will be able to have them and tell me what you think!!Only 6 days to go until my grab bag is over! Some more LO's with it!

By Pamela
By MickeyB Designs By JenlinBy Brenda Smith DesignsSome more Chic Shack LO's
By Nancy
By me
Have a great week, will be back soon!!

7 comments:

Tina said...

I love your new papers you made, they´re look fantastic!

Being Mrs Miles said...

Jenni, your new papers are drop dead beautiful. There's nothing that can emulate 'real' watercolor etc. I love to do this too - alas have been sooooo busy cannot find time. :(

Thanks for sharing your pretty addon.

:) Barb

Bonnie said...

Jen , they are exquisite! I have been meaning to get back into my water colors too, my two I did still sell well! Nothing beats the real thing. Thanks for the inspiration!

Beth said...

What do I think of your papers???? GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS!!!!!! Love them! Can't wait to get my 'mouse' on them... hee hee... I LOVE seeing all the beautiful eye candy here too.... FANTASTIC pages using all of your amazing gear. Hope you're having a great day chickadee!!! I'm finally feeling perky today.... I think my cold has finally died. LOL!

sdwrdt said...

those papers are GORGEOUS! Thanks for making them!

Olivia said...

I love those papers! They're fabtastic!

Kim B said...

OMG- Jen those papers are divine!!! and you threw what out??-lol
Funny now I love Guache better than watercolour- hahaha. And oils are my FAV! but I think it's the smell too that brings back so many memories of art school-lol

oooh Ok- I'm waiting for photo's today- hahahaha

(HUGS))